Counselling, Supervision, Training, Research, Teaching, Writing. Providing therapeutic services to the people of East Lancashire and beyond.

Thursday 20 October 2011

PowerPoint as an On-line Resource












It never occurred to me before to embed links into my presentations for learners to access on-line. That's because I have associated PowerPoint with "front of the class" presentations. Embedding links turns PowerPoint into a powerful on-line resource. This is one simple way to introduce learners to connectivism and the edgeless university. So, with a PowerPoint I can present my slides with narration, include links to websites and videos and then link students to a wiki where they can write their thoughts and reactions. Just like I've done here. And although I am providing the links, once my learners click on them who knows where they'll go! I am going to complete the learning cycle now and develop my own enhanced PowerPoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment