Counselling, Supervision, Training, Research, Teaching, Writing. Providing therapeutic services to the people of East Lancashire and beyond.

Friday 10 August 2012

NLP In Blackburn

I facilitated three days training in Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) last weekend. I was with my friend and fellow NLPer Cath Birtwistle at the University Centre at Blackburn College. We got some great feedback from our trainees in what turned out to be a fantastic training experience on a hot and sunny weekend. Coming home in the evenings to see our Olympians win multiple gold medals was surely the icing on the cake! In this post I want to publish some links to my favourite NLP resources on the Web.

NLP Links

Andy Bradbury has provided a collection of insightful NLP book reviews at Honest Abe's NLP Emporium

The Anglo-American Book Company is a good place to go for NLP books including those by Crown House Publishing

The Association of NLP is one of the UK's leading organisations for the promotion and regulation of NLP

INLPTA is the International NLP Trainers Association and certify training around the world

I learnt most about modelling from David Gordon, his website is here: Expanding Your World

One of the wonderful out-growths of NLP is Symbolic Modelling and Clean Language, modelled on the work of the late David Grove by Penny Tompkins and James Lawley.

For NLP training in Lancashire - Diploma, Practitioner and Master Practitioner courses - you can check out Chris and Glenda Grimsley at: The Insit2te for NLP for Public Services

Robert Dilts the NLP developer has published lots of resources at his NLP University website.

My friend Fran Burgess, author of The NLP Cookbook has a website called The NLP Kitchen

Another friend, Chris Mitchell has successfully used NLP with disaffected young people and you can see how by reading her book The Behaviour Management Toolkit

Another of NLP's developers is Steve Andreas, you can see some of his videos at his YouTube site: NLPComprehensive

1 comment:

  1. Hello Michael, thanks for commenting on my blog. Just recently I have started teaching NLP to psychology students at the University Centre at Blackburn College and this has helped me to further appreciate the richness of NLP as a way of understanding people and their behaviour. I could certainly blog about that in the near future. I have also noticed that as I work on my own development in personal therapy I am becoming increasingly insightful and creative with my clients. Something else I could write about in general terms. Best wishes, JohnM

    ReplyDelete